Thursday, May 22, 2008

TALKING BOOK



I am in love again with the world because of this album. Stevie-Mother F#$%ing-Wonder has the songs that I want to hear all the time. If I was hit by a bus and died with any one of the songs of this album playing in my head, I would be at peace with the world.

This has been my saving grace the last five days, because it's hell working in a cube next to the break room/coffee room and everyone and their mother wants to chat me up while they are waiting for the microwave to finish warming up lunch or the next pot of coffee to finish brewing. With Stevie on my side, I can keep my back to the distraction and jam non-stop with the ear plugs knocking out the world---oh and my usually handmade sign that I tape on the back of my chair: PLEASE DO NOT DISTURB, SEND AN EMAIL. THANKS, THE MANAGEMENT.

So far it's worked...I'm going to go this weekend and buy a velvet afghan, some Indian beads and a bunch of corn rows--it worked for Alicia Keyes back in 05!

No comments: