Monday, May 26, 2008



HOW TO TREAT OTHERS...

I found this fan at Midland Antiques on Saturday. What attracted me to it was that first it was a fan and second, it was from a mortuary. I thought it was going to be something Pentecostal related (like fire, speaking in tongues and snakes).

As I looked closer, I realized it included tips on how to act around others and carry yourself in rude situations. If you haven't figured out by now I'm a nice person with a rather cantankerous personality. I could probably learn a thing or to about how to interact with others by putting these tips to memory. I plan on taking this to work and hanging next to my monitor--I can use it as my St. Francis/Serenity prayer when I am working with others.

I'll still have my moments when I say the wrong thing, like when the Menards Account manager sneaks up behind me and just stands there with me hearing only his mouth-breathing, I shouldn't respond to him with "what's up darth vader?" I'm trying to be good, but sometimes it's a lot more entertaining being bad. I need to follow rule number one "keep skid chains on my tongue."

Awww well, I've had a fantastic three day weekend. I should be able to spring back to work with a new attitude, I'm going to try my hardest to follow the "fan."

No comments: