Tuesday, June 10, 2008

THE WORLD'S TINIEST VIOLIN

I've been pretty depressed and restless lately due to the focus of my recent work. It's not bad work...I'm proud of the recent corporate collateral and merchandise materials I've been creating, my only regret has been the lack of time or the lack of energy to focus on my own business.

So I inadvertently enlisted signed up for the help of the Franklin Covey people. When the representative for the time management seminar I registered for mentioned that I can also sign up for other FC services, I signed up for one of those life coach-7 habits of highly effective people programs. I didn't realized that I signed up for several awkward phone calls that keep occurring in front of my bosses and inappropriate times of work.

Twice today I've had the Franklin Covey lady -"Linda" call and ask me to right down on paper some rather personal answers about, "my weaknesses,""my in-ability to say no to work requests" and "difficulty in compromising my personal priorities with the constant requests from others." Supposedly, the answers I submit to "Linda" will determine if whether or not I make the admission to this "life coach" program thru Franklin Covey.

So far I feel like I might be exposing myself to some sort of Scientology cult for time management and leadership skills. The pessimist in my thinks I'll wind up with Tom Cruise as my life coach.

No comments: